Coming back to the school right now is not possible so we are looking at alternative ways to channel your generosity and expertise to safely provide careers assistance to our current students...
The school has a long history of welcoming enthusiastic former students, parents and friends back through the door. We are so grateful that over the decades, through events like FACE the future and careers talks, you return to encourage, inform and enthuse existing students about your careers, higher education journeys, industry knowledge and more.
Whilst we are all adapting to a new way of living, working and educating, the school also needs to find new methods of offering careers advice to the students.
To make a start we would like some willing volunteers to send us a five minute video about their career and higher education journey so far. All you have to do is record yourself answering the questions below and send us your video. (Members of the OGA can view two examples that were created last year from Nicole Gomes - Freelance Fashion Photographer
and Keighley Clay - Print & Textiles Designer
- How long have you been in your current job?
- What previous post have you held within your current industry/sector?
- What is the title of your degree and where did you study?
- Did you have a good experience there?
- What type of subject interests/areas would your course suit?
- What GCSE and A Level courses did you take leading up to your degree?
- Looking back - would you change any of the courses you previously took?
- Did you always know what you wanted to do in your career or did the discoveries you made along your career path influence your choices?
- What does your typical working day consist of?
- What is the best thing about your day?
- Do you feel pressurised in your job?
- What is the worst thing about your job?
- Are there other roles within your sector that you can apply your skills to?
- Do you work alone or with other people?
- Would you recommend others to pursue a career like yours?
- What advice would you give our GCSE and A level students to best prepare them for a career like yours?
- What do you see yourself doing in the future?
- Final inspiring statement
If you have something else to say, different questions to answer or can offer alternative suggestions please get in touch - we'd be happy to hear from you!
The easiest way to send firstname.lastname@example.org your video file for free is via wetransfer.com
Thanks for your help!
Please note - The videos will be published on the OGA site via the OGA YouTube chanel with a hidden link (ie it cannot be searched directly from YouTube without the link).